This is the best ever mushroom soup! This creamy mushroom soup is easy to make, low carb, dairy free & vegan.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30-45 mins
It made approx 6 bowls of soup!
- 1 large diced white onion
- 1 package white button mushrooms – 10 oz sliced
- 1 package baby portobello mushrooms – 10 oz sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 tbs. cornstarch
- 1 cup dairy free milk- unsweetened- I used Oat Milk
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tbs. Liquid aminos
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- Large handful Spinach leaves
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add a very small amount
olive oil then the diced onions. Allow to sweat while slicing the
mushrooms. About 5-7 minutes.
- Move onions to the sides of the saucepan and add mushrooms,
allow to cook 5 minutes uncovered.
- Stir the onions and mushrooms together. Add thyme and allow to
continue to cook, at least 10 minutes.
- You will notice a substantial amount of water has come out of the
mushrooms, and they are reduced in volume by half.
- Add the bay leaf, garlic powder, sea salt and the liquid aminos to
- Stir the 1 tbs. of corn starch into the organic broth. Add to
mushrooms and stir. Add milk. Add the liquids to the
- Add the beans.
- Allow to cook for at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach
Taste and add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- This soup is amazing the next day as well and can easily be doubled or tripled.
- A mixture of cremini (baby portobello) and white button mushrooms are best. However you can use all cremini or all white button mushrooms if you need to.
- Dairy free milks that this works well with include: unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk or oat milk.