My take on a Mediterranean style salad! I use Balsamic dressing rather than a vinegarette
- Quinoa cooked. Let cool for a “cold” salad or eat when warm
- Chopped 1/2 of a cucumber
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- Chopped fresh tomatoes
- Fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- Chopped red union
A handful of spinach mixed in the warm quinoa right after it is cooked.
Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl, then top with:
- Sugar Free Balsamic dressing- I use G. Hughes! So yummy, great flavor!
- Goat cheese- you can substitute for Feta according to your liking.
This “salad” can be eaten for dinner or a smaller size for lunch!
It’s full of healthy fats, fiber, protein, vitamin c, vitamin B, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
Feta cheese is considered a fermented cheese, therefore is good for supporting healthy gut bacteria! It is high in saturated fat, so small amounts is acceptable when eating a healthy diet.
Goat cheese is a good alternative for those who have an allergy or sensitivity to dairy. There is healthy fat and multiple vitamins and minerals important for your health. It also has been shown to have a benefit on gut health, as it contains probiotics.
What is your favorite recipe? Share one in the comments below!